IS READING AND LITERACY AS THE QUESTIONS OF NATIIONAL PRIORITY
Our goal is to nurture Homo Legens
The Reading Association of Russia is a non-profit non-governmental organization affiliated to the International Reading Association (IRA). As a national association of the IRA the Reading Association of Russia obtains information on projects related to reading carried out in Europe and worldwide.
The Reading Association of Russia brings together readers and professionals from different areas: teachers and librarians, psychologists and sociologists of reading, journalists, publishers etc.
The goals of the Reading Association of Russia are:
- to promote academic and functional literacy;
- to enhance the nation’s culture and education;
- to influence government policies related to reading and literacy rates.
These goals are achieved through:
- promotion and support of reading in all forms and functions;
- promotion of the professional development of school and university teachers, and librarians;
- uniting specialists from different areas and organizations.
Opportunities for your growth in the Reading Association of Russia:
- opportunity to increase your professional level;
- opportunity to test out and implement international and national programs of the International Reading Association;
- opportunity to participate in national and international projects;
- opportunity to get detailed information on issues related to reading and literacy interesting to you;
- opportunities to establish contacts with experts in different areas in foreign countries;
- opportunity to become a member of the International Reading Association;
- opportunity to publish information on your research in the RAR journals;
- opportunity to get discounts on RAR events.